Saturday, November 6, 2010

4am Gallo Calls...I'm Home.

...Back at it after an incredible month in Antigua, Guatemala.  Bit nervous 'bout the español and hoping this project moves forward, but happy to be back.  Met some amazing people from Boston, MA and had a ridiculous week bouncing around Antigua with them.  Brother millionaires that retired at the wee age of 40 something after their construction business exploded all over the east coast.  Kindest people ever.  Always thinking about your well-being and comfort.  Needless to say, I saved a lot of money that last week and was able to check out some really nice places in Antigua (they refused for us to pay a single cent wherever we went...it was ridiculous)...Right now the bros and their cousin George (retired Boston police officer) are just traveling the world, learning new languages and exploring.  Hopefully someday our paths will cross again..

I had almost forgotten how remote my location is in Honduras as I took the bus back from San Pedro Sula (major city in northern Honduras).  Paved roads changed to dirt to simple clearings of jungle forest.  Make-shift homes, no shoes, hungry children, bare necessities.  Difficult adjustment at first, but getting back into the swing of things.

I HAVE A DOUBLE BED TO SLEEP IN.  Beth so kindly gave this up, and I'm forever grateful.  We moved upstairs (THE GRAND GRINGO (A) MOVE) from the dorms downstairs and are now in more of an apt. living situation.  It's nice.

debatingdebating.  I'm thinking about medical school again.  I haven't had the urge in some time, but it's poking and prodding at this cerebrum of mine..

Alright, very lackluster post, back to the books and mas cafe.

lovelovelove
las

"Live your questions now, and perhaps even without knowing it, you will live along some distant day into your answers." -Rainer Maria Rilke


1 comment:

  1. La's, i just now saw this post!! I will be checking more, although I thought I already check enough....snuck by me.
    mom

    ReplyDelete