Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bon Voyage

Packed?  check.  Bags less than 50lbs?  somehow, yes-check.   Free from American soil?  ehh, not quite.  So the great adventure begins!  A bit lackluster, but I'll arrive in Honduras soon enough!  My flight was delayed due to some obnoxious fog and Delta mishaps.  So alas!  Here I sit in a Comfort Inn till tomorrow morn.

Beth (a fellow RN who will be working on this project with me) and I completed our training over these past few days in Cincinnati (and we met Yuan!  a volunteer who will be working on an immunization study).  We were able to meet the inspirational/quirky individuals who run S2S, get an inside scoop on the organization and of course visit every hot spot in Cincinnati per Beth.  I'm looking forward to this year and trying my hand at a different kind of nursing.  Our goal:  to create a more efficient and effective way to go about screening/tracking/educating women for cervical cancer in Santa Lucia, Honduras.  It's going to be interesting to try and tackle, but I'm ready for this next challenge.

Well, the Delta dude who has the job of mopping up the company's frequent mistakes was super excited about a Jimmy Buffetesque restaurant down the street.  Guess we'll check it out...the last supper of sorts. Hopefully we'll be drinking in Honduran Humidity tomorrow, wish us luck!  Adios!

la

7 comments:

  1. YO YO YO SISTER!! try not to melt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good you had the day to set up your blog in the Comfort Inn of Atlanta!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KRAWLA! I'm so proud and excited for you! I was bragging about you today :)
    can't wait to read of all your adventures!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. let us know what's goin on!!! miss u! lovvvesss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you made it there. I love that we can stay up to date on the awesome things your doing there. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I am ready for more blogging.....whenever you are!

    ReplyDelete